Monday, June 16, 2014

Dancers

SCENE:  two bored Maasai herdsmen stand on the plain, watching their cattle graze...

KOINET:  I do not enjoy Monday mornings.

LEMBUI:  I too find no enjoyment in Monday mornings.

KOINET:  If only there was some kind of weekly blog featuring sketches and illustrations and the deep philosophical musings of a world famous artist... something like that would certainly brighten my Mondays.

NAMPAZO:  [runs up excitedly, holding his smart phone]  Brothers, look!  My friend Chuluun in Mongolia sent me a link to the Creekification Blog!  Each Monday morning the artist, Creek, updates the blog with sketches and illustrations and deep philosophical musings!  Look!



KOINET:  What is this?  Dancers?

NAMPAZO:  Yes!  This week, the Creekification Blog is about how Creek often draws dancers in his sketchbooks!



LEMBUI:  Ah, I see!  [taking up his own smart phone and going to the Creekification Blog site] He starts out with quick, loose sketches like these:



LEMBUI:  ...and then he chooses a pose that he likes and draws it over, more precisely!



KOINET:  Extraordinary!  [opening his laptop]  Some of these are in color!



NAMPAZO:  Ha!  Look!  How charming!  A woman dancing to the sound of a guitar being played by a stick man!



LEMBUI:  And here a man and woman dance in Hawaii!



NAMPAZO:  Look at the mustache on this guy!  Hilarious!



KOINET:  These two look like fast food workers!



KOINET:  I can't tell if this one is a fight or a dance, but I like it!



NAMPAZO:  Is this Ichabod Crane?!  Wonderful!



LEMPUI:  That was fantastic!  I now have the strength to endure another week of toilsome labor!

KOINET:  I wonder what Creek will post next week..?

NAMPAZO:  I don't know, but I'm going to bookmark this page and add it to my favorites!

KOINET:  I will do the same!

LEMPUI:  I too will bookmark the Creekification Blog and add it to my favorites!

[scene ends with jubilation and general merriment]


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment