Monday, September 15, 2014

Creeking More In The ATL (with your host Nate Creekmore) Episode #53

I'm not from Atlanta, but I live here, and (because I live here) people who don't live here ask me, "Creek, what's Atlanta really like?"  I don't know what Atlanta is really like, but if you'd like to know what it's like for me, I invite you to sit back and enjoy another episode of "CREEKING MORE IN THE ATL (with your host Nate Creekmore)"!!!

[no Luck Dragons were harmed in the making of this blog post]

In the city of Atlanta, I often ride my bicycle.



This may surprise those of you who can recall episode #52, but it's true.  I enjoy cycling.  I just do my best to stay out of the road as much as possible; partly because I don't want to be that guy, and partly because I don't want to be horribly killed by a motorized vehicle.

I have a pretty simple mountain bike.



And I got it because, in order to avoid being in the road, I often bike through the woods (I should probably take a second here to explain my concept of the woods.  I grew up in mostly urban environments so, for me, the woods is defined as any piece of ground with grass and at least two trees on it).



There are those magical moments when you're cycling, maybe you look to your side and you see that a dragonfly is flying next to you, keeping pace...



Or maybe you're going downhill with the wind at your back and you close your eyes and hear the theme music from The NeverEnding Story...



...and then maybe you open your eyes just in time to not be able to avoid cycling through a bunch of semi-transparent twine that didn't use to be there...



...and you're left with scars across your upper biceps that would look kind of cool if you actually had biceps.



But if you, like me, are a fan of cycling through the woods, there is one extreme danger of which you should always be wary:  geese.



Because the geese in Atlanta have no fear of anything.



They hang around all day, not flying, pecking around angrily in the grass and looking for some reason, any reason, to start a ruckus.  In some cities, you might hear about people being bitten by geese.  In Atlanta, the geese are more likely to pull out a knife.



But I can't talk about geese without mentioning one of my most favorite people in the world, my older sister, Allison.  This is what she looks like:



It's not the most recent picture of her, but it is the most accurate picture of her.  The following is a story about her that was told to me by two different people.

One day, Allison was walking through a park, on a sidewalk, minding her own business.  Up ahead of her, a man was walking on the same sidewalk.  Suddenly, a feral goose came out of nowhere and scared him off the path.



Allison, undaunted, continued along...








Basically, what I'm trying to say is that, unless you're Allison Creekmore, you should stay away from geese.  And if you're geese, you should stay away from Allison Creekmore.

There you have it foks, another exciting episode of "Creeking More In The ATL (with your host Nate Creekmore)"!  Be sure and come back for the next installment in which we all decide to agree that one of Falkor's parents was a dragon and one of his parents was a dog.

2 comments:

  1. "Not the most recent but the most accurate..." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! You had me DYING laughing! "LA-LA LA LAAA-LAAAAAA!" Ahahahahahahahaaaa!

    ReplyDelete