Monday, December 5, 2016

Come on, Hawks...

I'm a Hawks fan.  But these guys don't make it easy.

For about one second, they had the best record in the Eastern Conference.  Now the Hawks are on a 6 game losing streak and fading fast.  One week they're beating the defending NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers (in Cleveland!), and the next week they're losing by 30 to the Can't-Name-More-Than-Two-Players-On-Their-Roster Utah Jazz.

Anyway, I've decided that, for this season, as a show of support, I'm going to do a quick Hawks-themed illustration every time they play a home game.  I opened up a Twitter account for this specific purpose, but I think I'll use this blog post to show you what I've done thus far.

To date, they've had 9 home games.  They beat the Wizards on October 27.  Here's Dennis Schroder (he prefers that his last name be pronounced Shrooder) and John Wall:


They beat the Kings on October 31st.  Here's a poorly drawn Demarcus Cousins attempting to block the shot of an equally poorly rendered Dennis Schroder:


They suffered their first defeat of the season on November 2nd at the hands of the lowly Los Angeles Lakers.  Here's Schroder and D'angelo Russell:


(I always draw Dennis Schroder because even if you don't quite get him right, the blonde patch of hair always lets people know who he's supposed to be)

They beat James Harden and his Rockets on November 5th...


And on November 9th the Hawks beat Jimmy Butler and his Chicago Bulls...



The Hawks beat the Philadelphia 76ers on November 12th.  Joel Embiid didn't play, but I drew him anyway.


I'm not a fan of Matthew Dellavedova, the former Cavalier who came to Atlanta a few seasons ago and played the role of hitman, targeting Al Horford and Kyle Korver.  He's a Milwaukee Buck these days and I don't dislike him any less.  They beat him and his team on November 16th.


The Hornets beat them in a close game and then the Knicks beat them in a similarly close contest, but when the Hawks came home on November 22nd and played the historically lousy Pelicans, they were beaten as if they'd stolen something.  Here's Schroder defending against Anthony "The Brow" Davis in the low post:


The latest team to beat the Hawks at home was the Detroit Pistons on December 2nd.  Here's my rendition of the giant Andre Drummond:



Tonight, they face off against the perennially angry Russell Westbeast and his Oklahoma City Thunder.



I just hope no one gets hurt.




Come back next week for a brand new episode of Creeking More In The ATL (with your host Nate Creekmore).  I'm going to attempt to define the term racism...

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment