Monday, July 21, 2014

Phox

If you spend any time at all listening to the radio, the first thing you'll notice is that most of the music on the radio isn't very good.



Which is why it was weird, several weeks ago, when I was listening to the radio and heard a good song.  NPR was interviewing the members of a band from Wisconsin; a band called Phox.

(this is approximately how they look...)



At the end of the interview, they played their single Slow Motion.

...did you click that link?  They're pretty good, right?  And there's more where that came from.  Check out 1936 and Laura and, my favorite, Evil.  Phox is the most irresistibly charming band you're ever likely to encounter.

I saw them play a couple of weekends ago in Nashville, Tennessee and then I saw them play again last week when they came to Atlanta.



If you like things that are good, you'll like Phox.  And if you see that they're playing in your city, be sure and check them out.  Even their opening band, Trails and Ways, is exceptional.

[also, the band's epicenter, Monica Martin, is maybe the most beautiful person I've ever seen in real life.  I'm just sayin'...]

No comments:

Post a Comment